7/01/2008

RoboForm 6.9.90 supports FireFox 3 (final release)

I was expecting a release news for RoboForm 7, but it seems they're not there yet (wonder if after 6.9.99 they'll go to 6.9.991). No complaints here though, given that you can get the update for free if you're a registered user. The main improvement they did in this version is the support for FireFox 3, the new version of Mozilla's IE killer. The new version can be downloaded here: RoboForm 6.9.90 and RoboForm2Go 6.9.90

What's new in RoboForm 6.9.90:

  • NEW: RoboForm now fully supports FireFox 3 (the final release not the betas)
  • NEW: They've added Enterprise policies
  • UPDATE: When installing RoboForm you can choose to activate the Pro edition
  • FIX: resized some controls in the Save dialog
  • FIX: in FireFox 3 they've fixed a bug in localized context menus
  • FIX: RoboForm cannot be used with FireFox 3 beta versions anymore

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope they add tab support for custom fields in Roboform 7. My custom fields are a mile long and it's a nightmare finding anything, its just a mess.

Anonymous said...

Indeed is a problem with custom fields, thing is that normally the Search Files option should look into custom fields values too but it doesn't.

Anyway, I hope they release RoboForm 7 somewhere this year because if you think about it, the previous major version (6) was released somewhere in 2004 so about 4 years ago.

One of the features I really hope they'll add is the support for Opera and maybe Mac. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on their beta page http://www.roboform.com/beta.html in case one for version 7 will show.

Anonymous said...

Hey Claudiu,

I've just taken a look at the beta page. It doesn't look like they update this page much. The last beta was 6.5 and we are on 6.9 now.

Opera support would be nice although I can't see me leaving Maxthon. If you haven't tried it give it a go, it's ace.

Claude said...

thanks for the comment reck, and trust me Maxthon is my favourite too way back since it was at version 1 (http://robo-form.blogspot.com/2006/05/robo-form-maxthon-web-productivity.html) - actually I think I've used it since it was called MyIE. Anyway, I couldn't match the productivity I find in Maxthon + Roboform not even in FireFox 3 (with add-ons of course).

Opera is a "first love" and I still use it when I simply want to read stuff (digg.com for instance which loads faster in Opera).

RoboForm: Learn more...
RoboForm: Learn more...